If you’re looking to find the perfect treasure, Cape Cod antique stores are the place to go. Offering a wide range of antique items from furniture to artwork, you’ll be able to find a unique piece to add to your collection. Whether you’re a novice collector or an experienced enthusiast, these shops have something for everyone. With high-quality, reasonably priced antiques and a friendly, knowledgeable staff, Cape Cod antique stores will make your shopping experience a memorable one.
Cape Cod is home to some of the best antique stores in the United States. Whether you’re looking for furniture, vintage decor, or rare collectibles, you’ll find plenty of options in this quaint New England destination. Here are the top 6 antique stores to visit during your next trip to Cape Cod.
1. Antiques by the Sea is the perfect stop for antiques enthusiasts. Located in Provincetown, this store is filled with items from the 18th and 19th centuries. It features furniture, jewelry, glassware, and much more. There are also knowledgeable staff members on site to provide personalized assistance.
2. Oxford Street Antiques & Interiors is a must-see antique shop in Falmouth. Here, you can find items including Art Deco furniture, rustic wood pieces, and fabulous finds from France and Italy. Plus, the store often holds auctions of rare items.
3. At Apothecary Antiques in Yarmouth Port, you’ll find an admirable selection of uniques. The store boasts items ranging from antique furniture to vintage handbags, many of which can’t be found anywhere else. It’s a great place to pick up a special one-of-a-kind trinket.
4. Cindy’s Antiques and Fine Vintage Furnishings in Orleans offers an impressive range of beautiful antiques. Here, you can find unique furniture from the 19th and 20th centuries, as well as lamps, mirrors, and porcelain trinkets. Plus, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
5. Another must-stop shop is Collectibles Too in Barnstable. This store specializes in vintage collectibles, with an impressive inventory of pottery, china, and glassware, as well as militaria, jewelry, and costume pieces. The staff members are happy to provide expert advice.
6. Located in Mashpee, the Antique Depot is a charming antique store with an amazing selection of furniture, decorative accessories, and artwork. It also carries vintage jewelry, coins, books, china and much more. This shop is a great find for anyone who appreciates antiques.
Visit Cape Cod’s Top Antique Stores for an Unforgettable Shopping Experience
Are you searching for the perfect antique souvenirs to commemorate your time in Cape Cod? Look no further than the area’s unique and lively antique stores. From vintage clothing to one-of-a-kind collectibles, exploring Cape Cod’s top antique stores is an unforgettable experience.
Check Out These Antique Stores for your Cape Cod Shopping Adventure
- Treasure Seekers – Located in Dennis Port, Treasure Seekers features a giant selection of Cape Cod antiques, from seashell prints and vintage instruments to postcards and rare lamps.
- O’Sheas Gift Shop – This family-owned gift shop has been providing visitors to Cape Cod with a huge selection of locally made products for over 50 years.
- Village Peddler – For unique one-of-a-kind finds, visit Village Peddler in Mashpee, MA. This store specializes in new and vintage items, such as books, furniture, jewelry and more.
- Timeless Treasures – Timeless Treasures in Sandwich, MA is an antique store that is filled with antique furniture, jewelry, and other classic items.
- Nichols and Stone – Visit this store in Harwich MA for an array of antiques. From quilts and primitive furniture to collectible toys and unusual items, this store is sure to impress.
Making your way through the antique stores of Cape Cod is a great way to spend your weekend. Whether you’re hunting for a unique piece of art or just looking to spend an afternoon browsing for treasures, you’ll find something special at these top antique stores. Get ready for an amazing antique shopping experience in Cape Cod!
I have been an antique enthusiast for many years, and, having lived near the Nantucket and Cape Cod area for quite some time, I have taken advantage of the many wonderful antique stores nearby. Each shop has its own unique charm, offering something special to entice customers. The range of shops is extraordinary, selling items such as maps, jewellery, books, pottery, engravings, glassware and furniture. With each step further away from the shore, even more variety awaits. My favorite Cape Cod antique stores offer an abundance of quality finds, often with a beautiful story behind them.
There are stores that specialize in certain items, such as marine antiques, textiles or quilts, or stores that offer a variety of antiques and vintage curiosities. Independent stores as well as established dealers with decades of experience frequently stock some truly incredible and unique pieces. I always make time for my treasure hunts, taking great joy in the surprise of each and every find. I’ve heard many a story from the vendors, who enjoy talking about history, the provenance of their items, and all the wonderful things the pieces have seen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I negotiate in antique stores?
Yes, you can negotiate in antique stores. Negotiating is a normal and expected part of buying antiques. However, it is important to ask the antique store owner if they negotiate before attempting to negotiate a price.
What is the best way to sell antique items?
The best way to sell antique items is to use an online marketplace like eBay or Etsy. These platforms provide buyers with a wide selection of products and boast a large customer base, meaning your antiques could have a broad reach. Additionally, it’s often free to list items and you can manage your own inventory and prices, making it easy and convenient to sell antiques online.
What antiques are in high demand?
Antiques that are in high demand include furniture, collectibles, art and jewelry. Many antique dealers focus on specific items due to the unique characteristics of certain items, like certain styles of furniture, pieces of jewelry from certain time periods, and rare artwork. Value, quality and aesthetic appeal all play a role in how in-demand a particular antique will be.
Do antique stores make a lot of money?
Yes, antique stores can make a lot of money. Many dealers have an average profit margin of 30%, though this amount can fluctuate depending on fees incurred. Aside from this, antique stores may financially benefit from having an online presence, allowing them to reach a wider customer base.
How do thrift stores attract customers?
Thrift stores can attract customers by hosting events, advertising their inventory online, offering discounts and promotions, creating eye-catching displays and window displays, and developing strong relationships with their local community. Online advertising should highlight what makes the store unique and include personal stories that demonstrate how donations support the local community. Social media can also be used to increase brand awareness and attract new customers. Finally, discounts and promotions can be used to drive sales and offer customers great value.
What sells most at thrift stores?
Thrift stores provide shoppers with cost-effective purchases of pre-owned items, and clothing items are typically in high demand. Clothing is the single largest item for sale in thrift stores, accounting for over 31.8 percent of overall industry revenue. Thrift store shoppers often come looking for affordable clothing items, such as shirts, pants, coats, and dresses, making clothing the item that sells most at thrift stores.
What do you call a person who loves thrifting?
A person who loves thrifting is often referred to as a “thrift enthusiast” or “thrift store connoisseur”. Thrifting is a popular activity where people search through second-hand stores to find unique items that are often cheaper than their original counterparts. Thrift enthusiasts are a diverse group who are drawn to the thrill of the thrifting hunt and the ability to find unique items at a fraction of the cost.
What problems does thrifting solve?
Thrifting solves the three main problems of fashion: overconsumption, wastage, and affordability. By opting for second-hand clothing over new, thrifting reduces excessive demand for new materials and prevents excessive amounts of clothing from going to landfill. Furthermore, thrifting offers more affordable options for clothing as compared to buying brand-new items.
Cape Cod is the perfect destination for antique shoppers looking for a unique experience. Local antique stores offer a diverse selection of one-of-a-kind items, with knowledgeable staff members to guide you. Whether you are looking for vintage clothing, jewelry, art, furniture, or something else, Cape Cod has an antique store ready to meet your needs. Not to mention, these stores make quaint spots to explore during a stroll through the quaint Cape Cod towns.